Fox gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best site for opinions and news about the world of gaming

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prototype 2 Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Foxer
Admin

Prototype 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Prototype 2 Review   Prototype 2 Review EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:21 am

The highly anticipated sequel is here with all the blood, gore, arms and heads following it.
Prototype 2 is a fairly long campaign with lots of side missions.

Sergeant James Heller replaces Alex Mercer as the Protagonist and as the man you will be playing as for the next 8 hours.
James has a background from the beginning unlike Alex who had Amnesia for most of the game.
James has a story, he has personal traits that shine through the game.

The Question is what happens to Alex
The Answer to that is he is now the Antagonist with a more Evil voice.
The game try to make you feel like the end will come when Heller vs Mercer gets underway. And without spoiling anything it isn't as epic as you want it to be, in fact its a bit average.

There have been some things taken and replaced from the 1st game
Instead of a sometimes annoying web of intrigue there are blacknet missions.
For those who preordered would have received the radnet minigames and rewards which are similar to the mini-games from prototype 1 only more refined.

The powers are as fun as ever to use with the new powers tendils which either pulls apart enemies body parts smash things into a target or stops bigger enemies from moving.
The each power feels more needed and each power has different way of working and which ones you use will depend on your play style.
Weapons are back with grenade launchers for something new to use.

However despite all these possitive points prototype 2 isn't perfect.
While trying to run (Not sprinting, difference being running is human speed, sprinting is superhuman speed) the game gets confused and makes Heller walk really slowly.
While running up walls theres a slim chance that instead of grabbing a higher ledge and keep running the game gets confused and Heller backflips back to the ground.
Prototype 2 is meant to make you feel invincible or a superhuman. I didn't have that feeling enough, sometimes I felt that feeling were as at other times I felt like a human with claws. During that feeling I felt incredibly frustrated.
There are also so some bugs that need fixing like parts of the mission (in this case chasing someone like you) not activated and then you mission failing the minute it starts.

Prototype 2 Improves on the combat and movement from the first one but lacks in other areas.

I give Prototype an 8/10
Prototype 2 is far from perfect but is forgiven by pure fun and thus deserves your money especially as the price drops

Your Fox of gaming
Foxer

Back to top Go down
https://foxgaming.forumotion.com

Prototype 2 Review
Page 1 of 1